Experts from Sky Sports have named their version of the twenty best transfers in Premier League history. First place went to Cristiano Ronaldo’s transfer from Sporting to Manchester United for £ 12 million. It happened in 2003.
The second place went to Thierry Henry. Arsenal bought him from Juventus in 1999 for 11 million. The top three was closed by striker Eric Cantona’s transfer from Leeds to Manchester United in 1992 (1.2 million).
Further transfers were arranged as follows:
4. Frank Lampard (from West Ham to Chelsea).
5. Roy Keane (from Nottingham Forest to Manchester United).
6. Didier Drogba (from Marseille to Chelsea).
7. Saul Campbell (from Tottenham to Arsenal).
8. Wayne Rooney (from Everton to Manchester United).
9. Vincent Company (from Hamburg to Manchester City).
10. Alan Shearer (from Blackbenre to Newcastle).
The Portuguese left Manchester United in 2009. He won all significant titles with the team.